1. This is going to be a long
one. I felt like I didn't have enough characters with a personality in my
strip, since Bobby embodies greed and childish joy, Peter embodies passiveness
and loyal friendship, and Chris embodies intelligence and cynicism. Then
you get to characters liek the fruit and Kevin and you realize they either have
boring one note or constantly changing personalities. So I went ahead and
promoted Marty and Dylan to "regular" status, one rung up from their
old positions as "extras who I draw frequently". Basically, I
drew inspiration from the comic Pearls before Swine (check it out, it's quite
funny) where the crocodile characters always come up with stupid ways to kill a
zebra. So, Marty an Dylan come up with schemes to get Bobby incarcerated
to save the kitchen from his shenanigans. Not the most creative scenario,
but now I have another type of joke I can pull off.
2. I am quite proud of those
1. I will eventually work up to drawing more background
objects in the future, but for now be happy with the fact that I draw any
2. I find this one to be quite boring and unfunny to be
1. The event Bobby is confusing
with a fire drill is called a "lock down" where you lock the class
inside, turn otu the lights and be quiet as to avoid having someone think you're
inside during a school shooting for instance. I do find it a bit
troublesome to think that if a student has a gun in school, they know full well
the school would be in lock down, and wouldn't simply ignore a classroom with
its lights out.
2. I have a problem with phones
in school. Why the hell do you need them other than texting friends how
bored you are instead of learning.
1. I thought I'd make this one
into a series but got bored of it quickly. I know when to jump from a
2. I tried to replicate one of
the monitors from my school computer labs, and it is just as ugly in real life
as it is here.
1. That previous bench I drew was put to shame by this
2. He inserted it into his ass. There, I said it.
1. Could have handled those bars a bit better.
2. I had a climate section to my science exam I was
studying for at the time.
1. To show that I'm doing a Winter strip, I give each
character some sort of piece of clothing. Bobby has boots, Peter has
mitts, Chris has a hat, and everyone else has a scarf.
2. Those are policemen if you can't tell what is on the
1. I didn't realize at the time, but Bobby is smiling
slightly in the second panel. It worked out pretty well for the strip so I
2. I like twist endings.
1. Here I was referring to
crappy kids shows where the protagonist usually says "What could possibly
go wrong" or "How could this get any worse" and then it
2. They're Popsicles.
They have sticks in them, not that other thing...
1. I screwed in the first panel by giving the double Popsicle
only one stick instead of two. Oops.